We’re a month into summer. Have the “I’m bored”s begun? Gardner Village has just the trick for turning a basic summer day into a memorable experience your children will love—our Busy Bee Summer Camp. Children of all ages are welcome to attend this all-day event, which is happening all summer long at several of your favorite Gardner Village shops.
Our Busy Bee Summer Camp takes campers to 8-10 of our beloved shops, with activities offered at each. From face painting and jewelry making to gardening and taffy pulling, your children will walk away with new skills and special memories.
- The Bead Farm
- The Naborhood Bakery
- Georgell Doll Shop
- LuLu's Boutique
The fun begins at stop number 1, where children are invited to pick from the impressive assortment of beads on display in this charming shop, which they'll use to create their own bracelet or keychain.
A good time will definitely be had by all campers at this creative stop!
Next stop: lunch!
No hot campfire cooking here. Instead, children will stay cool inside this bakery that's being remodeled, where they'll select from any of the many items on the children’s menu. This deliciousness includes the choice of a tasty, handmade dessert and a juice, fountain drink or water.
Once kids are full and satisfied, it's off to the next stop on this happy camper adventure.
Time for a magical trip into fairy wonderland found on the back patio of Georgell Doll Shop.
The kids color their own set, allowing them to enjoy another session of vibrant creativity.
Full of wonder, the kids will now be ready to take flight onto the next leg of their journey.
Keeping with the creativity, children will add pretty paint to wood birdhouses.
With numerous paint colors and styles to choose from, each child will easily be able to customize their creations.
Take a look at this young artist. Amazing!
Once Tweetie has a colorful new home, the kids will continue on with their journey.
To Be Continued...
Join us next week, as we look at stops 5-8 of this fun-filled afternoon. In the meantime, here are a few more fun camp facts.
Something for You, Too!
While your kids are busy crafting and camping, you can enjoy the delights each of these shops have to offer. Here's a look inside LuLu's Boutique—such a cute store!
1. Each camper receives their own tote bag and keychain, making it easy to carry their treasures from stop to stop.
2. Campers are provided with a camp passport, which will be stamped at each stop along the way—a fun token of their trip.
3. Parents are asked to stay with campers as they experience camp.
4. A full day of camp, including all 8 stops, is only $40. Two bonus stops are offered at an additional expense. Stop 1 is Kamille's, where campers will take an arm knitting class for only $5. Stop 2 is at the Cottage Retreat Spa & Salon, where campers will relax with a mini manicure for only $6. Score!
5. If your children are anything like mine, they’ll talk about camp for days afterwards. Since attending last week, my three-year-old brings it up every morning and asks if we can return.
6. Camp is open to children of all ages.
7. Camp runs every Tuesday from June 16 through Aug. 11. You have two daily session choices—either 10:30 to 2:30 or 11:30 to 3:30. We hope to see you at an event soon!
And the Winner Is...
Oh, before we go, we have exciting news! It's time to announce the winner of our Dolly & Me Tea Party at Georgell Doll Shop! Thanks to all who entered. The lucky party goer is...
"My daughter's two favorite things in the world are tea parties and fairies! This would be magical!!"--Haylee
Haylee, please e-mail email@example.com to claim your prize. You have two weeks to claim your prize before we seek another winner. Thank you. We hope you love your outing!
See You Soon! See you next week, when we continue this look inside Busy Bee Camp, including holding baby bunnies, crafting fairy gardens and gnome homes, face painting and taffy pulling. So much fun, all in one convenient stop. See you soon!