A fun event for kids and families is the annual Free Elf Scavenger Hunt at Gardner Village. This is a free activity for families of all ages.
Watch a short video of how excited my kids get year after year doing this scavenger hunt!
Go to the Gardner Village website to print the Elf Scavenger Hunt, then head down to Gardner Village at 1100 West 7800 South in West Jordan to find all the elves.
- Even though it’s outside, there are many cute little shops around the village to duck into and warm up for a minute. We get a lot of our Christmas shopping done while we are there. In my family, the kids draw names and pick one of their cousins to buy a gift for. When we buy those gifts at Gardner Village, we know that it’s going to be something unique that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Treats, treats and more treats! With shops like Taste, Naborhood Bakery, and Sweet Aftons, there is never a shortage of goodies! (Side note: We went to a different shopping center a few weeks ago, and was appalled at the lack of food places! You definitely don’t have that problem at Gardner Village!)
- We love having lunch or dinner at Archibald’s after finishing the scavenger hunt.
- I love teaching my kids about Utah history, and it’s fun to read the information about each building while doing the elf hunt. Each shop is housed in a historical building relocated from somewhere around Utah.
- Because of how cute the village is decorated for the holidays, the pictures I take of my kids doing the hunt turn out so festive! (Note: This is also a great place to have your family photos taken for your Christmas card! They do, however, require that photographers check in at the main office.) Gardner Village also welcomes Camera Shy. Visit Camera Shy to book your session today.
Follow Gardner Village on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest. You can find complete details about all their shops on their website.
Today's blog was written by Michelle Powell. Her favorite thing to do is to get out of the house and find adventures. She's the founder and creator of Enjoy Utah!, a site dedicated to helping families get out of the house and see all that Utah has to offer. She contributes as a blog writer for the Salt Lake Visitors Bureau, Today's Mama and co-owns, Squawkbox Sound, a DJ business. She and her husband, Russ, provide the awesome sound at Gardner Village's Friday Night Fever, Midnight Madness Beach Party and Witches Night Out events.