Let's talk Mom. Mother's Day is THIS weekend (eep!). Don't worry; Gardner Village has the perfect gift for the special lady in your life! Here are just a few (16, to be exact) of the many possibilities you'll discover:
Okay, so cold, hard cash may not seem the most personal of gifts, but gift certificates are always a welcome treat.
1. Kamille's has a special running now through Saturday where they are actually giving money. You see, if you purchase a $50 gift certificate, they'll add $5 to it. And they're adding $10 to $75 certificates. That's FREE money! And a chance for Mom to indulge in much glorious yarn. (Have you seen their impressive assortment?)
Plus, you'll receive a free knitting or crochet book with the purchase of a Ghana basket (shown above). A beautiful basket full of yarn, a book, and a gift certificate?! Seems a perfect surprise for that creative mama (or grandmama!) in your life!
2. Pamper your pretty mommy with a gift certificate to Cottage Retreat Spa & Salon. They're a full-service salon, so Mom can take her pick from a new hair style, a massage, a mani/pedi, new lashes, or all of the above!
And Cottage Retreat makes purchasing a gift certificate so easy. You don't even have to leave your computer. Do it online from here. Or go in for a visit and grab one of their lovely beauty products to add to it for a little something extra!
4. Dress Mom up in some gorgeous, personalized baubles. Whether you make your own (with or without help from staff) or purchase a pre-made option, The Bead Farm has a heartfelt line of Family Tree pieces to make Mother's Day extra special.
The little beads of color represent birth stones. The first two are for Mom and Dad. The ones below it stand for the kiddos. Isn't that cool?
You can take it a step further for Grandma, or even two steps for Mrs. Great! Such a neat idea!
Here's a sweet one for a new mom. Give her three peas in a pod, with one pea representing her birth month, one representing daddy, and one for their beautiful bundle. The Bead Farm will help you make this wired design in no time, allowing you the opportunity to give heartfelt AND handmade. Nice!
Or you can choose from any of their fancy tree pieces, with or without added birthstone add-ons.
5. If mom is bag babe, she's going to LOVE these new beauties at CF Home!
7. For a gift that really says "mother," the on-trend assortment of bracelets at Shopaholics are just the ticket!
In addition to "Mom," you'll find options for pet lovers, teachers, music lovers, grandmothers... and the list goes on. And on! (So many choices! And all for only $20!) And they come in three different metal finishes.
8. Dress mom head to toe in style at Plum Dandy. The details are perfection!
If the way to your mom's heart is through her sweet tooth, these ideas are just the sugar you seek.
9. The Chocolate Covered Wagon is loaded with options. Some of the most popular include caramel apples, chocolate covered berries (raspberries and strawberries), and boxes of chocolate. Yum! This mama's tummy is grumbling.
10. If baked goods are more mom's cup of tea, Joe's Sugar Cookies (named because Gardner Village co-owner Joe Long provided the delicious recipe) at Naborhood Bakery are where it's at!
11. Shine a light on just how important mom is with one of the many original lighting fixtures at CF Home.
12. Ordinarily, it's the striking bedding at Layers Beautiful Bedding that has me foaming at the mouth, but I couldn't take my eyes off the newly added wall art in the store. Share an enlightening message of love with mom. (Honey, if you're reading this, I reeeallly like these! Just sayin'...) ;P
|"You are always on my mind. Always."|
|"I love us."|
|"I am stronger because I have been weak. I am fearless because I have been afraid. I am wise because I have been foolish"|
Give mom the gift of relaxation. She works hard. She's tired. She could use the R and R. Here are a few ways to acknowledge that fact.
13. Bath bombs, lotion bars, and organic soaps from Natural Joy are sure to put mom's mood in the "relaxed" mode. And they're locally made AND all natural products, so you know you're giving her the very best!
14. Help mom kick up her feet with pretty new pillows or, if you want to go BIG, a fashionable new chair or sofa from Down to Earth. (Again, not trying to drop hints here--okay, yes I am. I mean, that yellow chair! Hello!)
15. Let your friends at Aunt Elsie's Antiques & Consignment help you create a backyard oasis. In addition to the awesome handmade and vintage finds available, they have great yard options!
16. Make more memories together and get mom some cool storybooks she can enjoy with her babes. So fun! Check them and many more out-of-the-ordinary book options at Storybook Nook.
Money--Ornaments--Treats--Highlights--Enlightenment--Relaxation... Put it all together, it spells MOTHER. And Gardner Village is here to make her day heartfelt and memorable! (And make your prep easy and fun!)
And don't forget to treat mom to brunch at our Mother's Day Brunch Buffet at The Gathering Place. Breakfast and lunch items are being served (at a brunch? go figure!), and the meal concludes with the most impressive dessert bar in town. We'll see you there!